Have you ever wondered if you could share your Disney Plus account with family or friends to allow them to stream shows and movies too?
Since various streaming services have different sharing policies, it can sometimes feel confusing.
Continue reading to find out how many devices you can use with Disney Plus.
Does Disney Plus Have a Device Limit?
Disney Plus has a strict limit of 4 concurrent streams per account, regardless of whether you have the ad-supported or ad-free plan.
This means you can have up to 4 devices actively streaming Disney Plus content simultaneously on one account.
You could, for example, watch on your phone while someone else streams on your tablet, laptop, and living room TV.
The device streaming limit only applies to concurrent usage, not the total number of devices registered to your account.
You can have 10 devices logged into your Disney Plus account across all your household and personal devices. But only 4 of those registered devices can be actively streaming Disney Plus at the exact same time.
If you try to start playback on a 5th device, you’ll get an error saying the maximum concurrent streams have been reached (error code 75).
Coordinating with other household members to stay within the device limit is recommended if you share your Disney Plus login.
This prevents playback from being interrupted if someone unknowingly tries streaming when 4 devices are already in use.
Can You Share Disney Plus Subscription With Friends and Family?
Yes, you can share access to your Disney Plus account outside of your household. You can create up to seven profiles per account on the streaming service.
Here are two ways you could share Disney Plus access:
- Send profile invites to friends and family so they can sign in on their own devices with the profile you create. They would then have access to your subscription from their devices.
- Register devices for others by signing in with your account credentials on their smart TVs, streaming sticks, phones, etc. They could then access Disney Plus on those registered devices anytime.
Sharing with more than one household is a great way to save money by allowing one party to cancel their Disney Plus account.
Just keep the concurrent stream limits in mind (see above) and work together to avoid exceeding the cap.
Can You Download Disney Plus Content?
Downloading Disney Plus shows and movies to watch when you’re not connected to the internet is a great way to make the most of your subscription.
Here’s what to know about downloading content from Disney Plus:
- You can register up to 10 mobile devices per Disney Plus account for offline downloads.
- Content can only be downloaded using the Disney Plus mobile apps for iOS and Android. Downloading is not possible on other platforms like Roku or Smart TVs.
- Downloads are available as long as you have an active Disney Plus account and connect to the Internet with the device at least once every 30 days.
Using downloads strategically by saving shows before trips or commutes can maximize the value of your Disney Plus membership!
How Many Disney Plus Accounts Can You Have?
Each eligible subscriber can only have one Disney Plus account. You cannot open multiple accounts using the same login information.
However, here are some ways you could gain access to more than one Disney Plus subscription:
- Each eligible Verizon Wireless customer can claim a free 6-month Disney Plus subscription. If you have family members with Verizon, they could create their own accounts.
- Make additional accounts by signing up with different email addresses and payment methods. Just know you’ll be billed for each subscription.
- Consider adding Disney Plus to an existing bundle like Hulu + Live TV or Amazon Prime Video. Some platforms allow you to pair multiple streaming services.
Ultimately, the one account per subscriber rule was put in place to prevent credential sharing between households while providing account holders full access to Disney Plus shows and movies.
It’s simple to share your Disney Plus subscription among family members and devices. Just be aware of your plan’s limitations.
With a little planning, you can share the wealth of Disney Plus content with family and friends. Happy streaming!