Have you ever wondered if you could share your Max account with family or friends to allow them to stream shows and movies too?
Sometimes it can be confusing because different streaming services have different rules.
To learn how many devices you can use with Max, keep reading.
Does Max Have a Device Limit?
You can sign in to Max on multiple devices, but the number of concurrent streams is limited by your subscription plan.
You can stream on up to two devices simultaneously if you have the With Ads plan or the basic Ad-Free subscription, and can watch on up to four devices with the Ultimate Ad-Free plan.
This means that you can have up to four devices streaming Max content at the same time on a single account.
For instance, you could watch on your phone while someone else streams simultaneously on your tablet, laptop, and living room TV.
The device streaming limit applies to concurrent usage, not the total number of devices registered to your account.
You can register as many total devices as you want to your Max account across all your household and personal devices. But only 2-4 of those registered devices can be actively streaming Max at the exact same time.
If you try to start playback on too many devices, you’ll get an error saying the maximum concurrent streams have been reached.
If you share your Max login, it is best to work with other members of your household to stay within the device limit.
This stops playback from being disrupted if someone unknowingly tries to stream when there are already the maximum number of devices in use.
Can You Share Max Subscription With Friends and Family?
Yes, you can share access to your Max account outside of your household. You are able to create up to 5 profiles per account on the streaming service.
Here are two ways you could share Max access:
- Send profile invites to friends and family so they can sign in on their own devices with the profile you create. They would then have access to your subscription from their devices.
- Register devices for others by signing in with your account credentials on their smart TVs, streaming sticks, phones, etc. They could then access Max on those registered devices anytime.
Sharing with more than one household is a great way to save money by allowing one party to cancel their Max account.
Just keep the concurrent stream limits in mind (see above) and work together to avoid exceeding the cap.
Can You Download Max Content?
A great way to get the most out of your subscription is to download Max movies and shows to watch offline.
Max allows subscribers to download content on all plans EXCEPT the ad-supported tier.
Here’s what to know about downloading content from Max:
- Content can only be downloaded using the Max mobile apps for iOS and Android. Downloading is not possible on other platforms like Roku or Smart TVs.
- Max permits a limit of between 30-100 pieces of downloaded content depending on the plan you subscribe to
- Downloaded content you have not started watching will be removed after 30 days.
- Downloaded content you have started watching will be removed within 48 hrs.
- If downloaded content leaves the Max platform it will be removed immediately.
Using downloads strategically by saving shows before trips or commutes can maximize the value of your Max subscription!
How Many Max Accounts Can You Have?
Each eligible subscriber is only allowed to open one Max account. It is not permitted to use the same login information to open multiple accounts.
However, here are some ways you could gain access to more than one Max subscription:
- Each eligible Cricket Wireless customer ($60 per month plan) can claim a free as-supported Max subscription. If you have family members with Cricket, they could create their own accounts.
- Make additional accounts by signing up with different email addresses and payment methods. Just know you’ll be billed for each subscription.
- Consider adding Max to a bundle like Amazon Prime Video. Some platforms allow you to pair multiple streaming services.
Ultimately, the one account per subscriber rule was implemented in order to prevent credential sharing between households while still providing account holders with full access to Max shows and movies.
It is easy to use your Max subscription across household members and devices. Simply be aware of your plan’s limitations.
You can share the wealth of Max content with family and friends with a little planning. Have fun streaming!