Have you ever wondered if you could share your Paramount Plus account with family or friends to allow them to stream shows and movies too?
With different streaming services having different policies, it can get confusing.
Read on to get the full scoop on how many devices you can use with Paramount Plus.
Does Paramount Plus Have a Device Limit?
Paramount Plus has a strict limit of 3 concurrent streams per account, regardless of whether you have the ad-supported or ad-free plan.
This means you can have up to 3 devices actively streaming Paramount Plus content simultaneously on one account.
For example, you could watch on your phone while someone else streams on your tablet, laptop, and living room TV at the same time.
The device streaming limit applies to concurrent usage, not the total number of devices registered to your account.
You can register as many total devices as you want to your Paramount Plus account across all your household and personal devices. But only 3 of those registered devices can be actively streaming Paramount Plus at the exact same time.
If you try to start playback on a 4th device, you’ll get an error saying the maximum concurrent streams have been reached.
Coordinating with other household members to stay within the device limit is recommended if you share your Paramount Plus login.
This prevents playback from being interrupted if someone unknowingly tries streaming when 3 devices are already in use.
Can You Share Paramount Plus Subscription With Friends and Family?
Yes, you can share access to your Paramount Plus account outside of your household. The streaming service allows you to create up to 6 profiles per account.
Here are two ways you could share Paramount Plus access:
- Send profile invites to friends and family so they can sign in on their own devices with the profile you create. They would then have access to your subscription from their devices.
- Register devices for others by signing in with your account credentials on their smart TVs, streaming sticks, phones, etc. They could then access Paramount Plus on those registered devices anytime.
Sharing with more than one household is a great way to save money by allowing one party to cancel their Paramount Plus account.
Just keep the concurrent stream limits in mind (see above) and work together to avoid exceeding the cap.
Can You Download Paramount Plus Content?
Downloading Paramount Plus shows and movies to watch offline is a great way to make the most of your subscription.
Here’s what to know about downloading content from Paramount Plus:
- Register unlimited mobile devices per Paramount Plus account for offline downloads.
- Content can only be downloaded using the Paramount Plus mobile apps for iOS and Android. Downloading is not possible on other platforms like Roku or Smart TVs.
- Paramount Plus permits 3 active downloads
- Downloads expire after 48 hours. Once you start playing a download, you have 3 days to finish watching it before it disappears.
Using downloads strategically by saving shows before trips or commutes can maximize the value of your Paramount Plus membership!
How Many Paramount Plus Accounts Can You Have?
Paramount Plus allows each eligible subscriber to create only one account. You cannot open multiple accounts with the same login credentials.
However, here are some ways you could gain access to more than one Paramount Plus subscription:
- Each eligible Verizon Wireless customer can claim a free Paramount Plus subscription. If you have family members with Verizon, they could create their own accounts.
- Make additional accounts by signing up with different email addresses and payment methods. Just know you’ll be billed for each subscription.
- Consider adding Paramount Plus to a bundle like Hulu + Live TV or Amazon Prime Video. Some platforms allow you to pair multiple streaming services.
Ultimately, the one account per subscriber rule was implemented to prevent credential sharing between households while providing account holders full access to Paramount Plus shows and movies.
Using your Paramount Plus subscription across household members and devices is easy. Just be aware of the limits based on your plan.
With a little planning, you can share the wealth of Paramount Plus content with family and friends. Happy streaming!