Have you ever wondered if you could share your Amazon Prime Video account with family or friends to allow them to stream shows and movies too?
Sometimes it can be confusing because different streaming services have different rules.
To learn how many devices you can use with Prime Video, keep reading.
Does Amazon Prime Video Have a Device Limit?
Prime Video has a strict limit of three concurrent streams per account, and up to two simultaneous streams of the same content.
This means that you can have up to three devices streaming Amazon Prime Video content at the same time on a single account.
For instance, you could watch on your phone while someone else streams simultaneously on your tablet, laptop, and living room TV.
The device streaming limit applies to concurrent usage, not the total number of devices registered to your account.
You can register as many total devices as you want to your Prime Video account across all your household and personal devices. But only three of those registered devices can be actively streaming Prime Video at the exact same time.
If you try to start playback on a fourth device, you’ll get an error saying the maximum concurrent streams have been reached.
If you share your Amazon login, it is best to work with other members of your household to stay within the device limit.
This stops playback from being disrupted if someone unknowingly tries to stream when there are already three devices in use.
Can You Share Prime Video Subscription With Friends and Family?
Yes, you can share access to your Prime Video account outside of your household. You are able to create up to six profiles per account on the streaming service.
Here are two ways you could share Amazon Prime Video access:
- Send profile invites to friends and family so they can sign in on their own devices with the profile you create. They would then have access to your subscription from their devices.
- Register devices for others by signing in with your account credentials on their smart TVs, streaming sticks, phones, etc. They could then access Prime Video on those registered devices anytime.
Sharing with more than one household is a great way to save money by allowing one party to cancel their Amazon Prime Video account.
Just keep the concurrent stream limits in mind (see above) and work together to avoid exceeding the cap.
Can You Download Prime Video Content?
A great way to get the most out of your subscription is to download Amazon Prime Video movies and shows to watch offline.
Here’s what to know about downloading content from Prime Video:
- Content can only be downloaded using the Prime Video mobile apps for iOS and Android. Downloading is not possible on other platforms like Roku or Smart TVs
- Only two devices can download the same title at the same time
- Amazon limits the number of titles that can be downloaded at once which may vary depending on your location and other factors
- Downloaded content you have not started watching will be removed after 30 days
- Downloaded content you have started watching will be removed within 48 hrs
- If downloaded content leaves the Prime Video platform it will be removed immediately
Using downloads strategically by saving shows before trips or commutes can maximize the value of your Prime Video subscription!
It is easy to use your Amazon Prime subscription across household members and devices. Simply be aware of your plan’s limitations.
You can share the wealth of Prime Video content with family and friends with a little planning. Have fun streaming!