Binge is Australia’s never-ending entertainment hub, stocked to the gills with the best television series and movies from across the world. Within the convenience of the app, you can do searches for content, review past episodes of your favorite shows, and much more.
If you happen to have a Vizio TV, I’ll show you how to get Binge on Vizio by following the instructions provided in this post.
When you’re finished reading, your dependable Vizio television set will be ready to stream Binge shows and movies.
ℹ Want to watch Binge on Vizio? Try this first…
If you have a Vizio Smart TV manufactured in 2016 or later, you can download and install Binge directly onto Vizio SmartCast:
- Turn on your Vizio TV and ensure that it is properly connected to the internet
- To access the SmartCast menu, select the V button located in the center of your remote
- Choose the All Apps tab that’s located at the very top of the display
- Go to the bottom of the page to find the Binge app
- After selecting the Binge app, click the Install button
- Sign up or enter the credentials associated with your current Binge account, and you’ll be ready to start watching!
💡If you have a Vizio TV that was manufactured before 2016, it probably doesn’t run the SmartCast operating system but rather Via or Via+ software, which limits the number of apps you can install.
Binge most likely WILL NOT work with this outdated software. Skip to this section if you have an older Vizio TV and can’t get the Binge app to properly install.
How to Get Binge if your Vizio Smart TV Doesn’t Have a ‘V’ Button
If your Vizio remote doesn’t have a V button in the center, you can try pressing the Input button until the SmartCast option appears.
Once the SmartCast interface loads, choose All Apps to find the Binge app and follow steps #5 and #6 above☝
How to Get Binge on Vizio TV with Chromecast
You don’t need to worry if your Vizio Smart TV was manufactured in 2016 or after and you’re having trouble streaming content via Binge since you can still view your favorite shows and movies by making use of the Chromecast feature that comes included with your Vizio.
Before you try to watch Binge on your Vizio TV using Chromecast, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Ensure that your Vizio TV is equipped with Chromecast or that another Chromecast device is properly connected
- Install the Binge app on your mobile device or computer, then run it
- After entering your login information, click the Log In button
- Select the Cast button in the upper right corner
- Select your Vizio TV or Chromecast from the list that appears
Simply select the movie or television show that you want to watch and then click the Watch Now button. After that, Binge should stream without any interruptions on your Vizio while you’re using Chromecast.
Use Apple AirPlay to Watch Binge on Vizio TV
Another excellent option is available in the event that the Binge SmartCast app on your Vizio Smart TV manufactured in 2016 or later does not function as intended. You are able to watch movies and television shows by utilizing the Apple AirPlay connectivity of the television.
To avoid connection problems when streaming Binge on your Vizio TV using AirPlay, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Make sure that your Vizio TV is compatible with AirPlay; otherwise, the software on your Vizio TV will need to be updated
- Install the Binge app from your app store and open it on your phone or computer
- Type in your username and password, then click Log In
- Select the AirPlay button in the upper right corner
- Select your Vizio TV from the list that appears
The very last thing you need to do is go into the Binge app, select a movie or TV show to watch, and then tap the Watch Now option. Apple Airplay will now be used to stream content directly to your Vizio, allowing you to watch Binge immediately.
How to Get Binge on Older Vizio TVs (Streaming Devices & Gaming Consoles)
On any Vizio TV that was manufactured before 2016, Binge is not an officially supported app; nevertheless, there are a few workarounds available.
Thankfully, the Binge app is supported by a wide variety of contemporary smart devices, and this compatibility is typically built in. Your Vizio TV is compatible with each and every one of these additional devices:
- Smartphones: Android, iOS
- Streaming Devices: Roku, TiVo, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast
- Gaming Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation
- Cable Companies: Comcast Xfinity
If you follow the methods that are provided below, you should be able to play content from Binge on any device that you happen to have laying around 👇
- Connect the streaming device via WiFi to your Vizio TV (and an electrical outlet, if necessary)
- The next step is to locate Binge in your device’s app store, press the Download button, and then sit tight as the app is installed
- Open the Binge app and select the movie or tv show you wish to watch
The specific steps will change according to the type of device you’re using.
If you are still having some issues getting your Vizio to work with Binge you may have to troubleshoot other problems with your Vizio Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the installation of Binge on your Vizio TV 👇
Can you get Binge on Vizio TV?
Yes. The Binge app is natively available on all Vizio Smart TVs running SmartCast version 2.0 & 3.0 software. If you purchase a Vizio TV made in 2016 or later, you will have access to Binge.
Why won’t Binge work on my Vizio TV?
It is conceivable that a problem with the WiFi connection is causing Binge to behave in an unexpected manner. First, check that you are indeed connected to the internet. Next, exit and then restart the Binge app. Finally, give it another attempt. Find out more information on how to solve difficulties with your WiFi network at home, and get the help you need. Checking this out will allow you to verify that you are indeed connected to the internet.
Is Binge available on all Smart TVs?
Yes. Binge is available on all major smart TV brands. Vizio, LG, Samsung, and TCL are all compatible with Binge.
As mentioned previously, there are a number of ways to get Binge on your Vizio Smart TV:
- Install Binge directly onto Vizio SmartCast (EASIEST SOLUTION)
- Stream Binge with Chromecast
- Stream Binge with Airplay
- Connect a streaming device or gaming console to your Vizio TV
I really hope that you were able to discover some information in this article that was of benefit to you and that you were able to put that information to good use.