How to Get Discovery Plus on Vizio (Download & Watch RIGHT NOW) 
When it comes to online video streaming, Discovery Plus is among the most popular options. Users can tune in to their favorite shows and movies whenever they like, no matter where they happen to be in the world, thanks to the service’s live TV and on-demand streaming options.
In addition, Vizio is one of the most trustworthy smart TV brands, so it stands to reason that the Discovery Plus app will work flawlessly on a Vizio TV set.
If you own a Vizio TV, I’ll show you how to get Discovery Plus on Vizio by following the instructions provided in this article.
When you’re done, your Vizio Smart TV will be ready to stream Discovery Plus shows and movies.
ℹ Want to watch Discovery Plus on Vizio? Try this first…
If you have a Vizio Smart TV manufactured in 2016 or later, you can download and install Discovery Plus directly onto Vizio SmartCast:
- Turn on your Vizio TV and ensure that it is properly connected to the internet
- To access the SmartCast menu, select the V button located in the center of your remote
- Choose the All Apps tab that’s located at the very top of the display
- Go to the bottom of the page to find the Discovery Plus app
- After selecting the Discovery Plus app, click the Install button
- Create a new Discovery Plus account or enter the credentials associated with your current Discovery Plus account, and you’ll be ready to start watching!
📝If your Vizio remote doesn’t have a V button in the center, you can try pressing the Input button until the SmartCast option appears. Once the SmartCast interface loads, choose All Apps to find the Discovery Plus app and follow steps #5 and #6 above ☝
How to Get Discovery Plus on Vizio TV with Chromecast
If your Vizio Smart TV was manufactured in 2016 or after, but you’re having trouble viewing content via the Discovery Plus SmartCast app, don’t panic; you can still view your favorite shows and movies via the Chromecast capability that comes included with your Vizio.
Before you try to watch Discovery Plus on your Vizio TV using Chromecast, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Ensure that your Vizio TV is equipped with Chromecast or that another Chromecast device is properly connected
- Install the Discovery Plus app on your mobile device or computer, then run it
- After entering your login information, click the Log In button
- Select the Cast button in the upper right corner
- Select your Vizio TV or Chromecast from the list that appears
Now, simply select the movie or television program you wish to view and click the Watch Now button, and Discovery Plus should stream smoothly on your Vizio utilizing Chromecast as the gateway!
Use Apple AirPlay to Watch Discovery Plus on Vizio TV
If the Discovery Plus SmartCast app isn’t working properly on your 2016 or newer Vizio Smart TV, there is another excellent option. You can watch movies and TV shows by using the TV’s Apple AirPlay integration.
To avoid connection problems when streaming Discovery Plus on your Vizio TV using AirPlay, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Make sure that your Vizio TV is compatible with AirPlay; otherwise, the software on your Vizio TV will need to be updated
- Install the Discovery Plus app from your app store and open it on your phone or computer
- Type in your username and password, then click Log In
- Select the AirPlay button in the upper right corner
- Select your Vizio TV from the list that appears
The final action is to select a movie or TV show from the Discovery Plus app and hit the Watch Now button. With Apple Airplay, Discovery Plus content can now be streamed directly to your Vizio.
How to Get Discovery Plus on Older Vizio TVs (Streaming Devices & Gaming Consoles)
Any Vizio TV manufactured before 2016 does not officially offer Discovery Plus, although there are a few workarounds available.
Luckily, modern smart devices widely support Discovery Plus, and this support is usually built in. All of the following devices will directly work with your Vizio TV:
- Smartphones: Android, iOS
- Streaming Devices: Roku, TiVo, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast
- Gaming Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation
- Cable Companies: Comcast Xfinity
If you follow the steps below, you should be able to play video material from the Discovery Plus app on any device you have sitting around 👇
- Connect the streaming device via WiFi to your Vizio TV (and an electrical outlet, if necessary)
- The next step is to locate Discovery Plus in your device’s app store, press the Download button, and then sit tight as the app is installed
- Open the Discovery Plus app and select the movie or tv show you wish to watch
The specific steps will change according to the type of device you’re using.
If you are still having some issues getting your Vizio to work with Discovery Plus you may have a Vizio wireless connectivity issue or the SmartCast software is broken.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about getting Discovery Plus on your Vizio TV 👇
Can you get Discovery Plus on Vizio TV?
Yes. The Discovery Plus app is natively available on all Vizio Smart TVs running SmartCast version 2.0 & 3.0 software. If you purchase a Vizio TV made in 2016 or later, you will have access to Discovery Plus.
Why won’t Discovery Plus work on my Vizio TV?
It is possible that Discovery Plus is malfunctioning because of an issue with the firmware or software installed on your Vizio TV. The problem might potentially be that your operating system is not designed to run the app.
Is Discovery Plus TV available on all Smart TVs?
Yes. Discovery Plus is available on all major smart TV brands. Vizio, LG, Samsung, and TCL are all compatible with Discovery Plus.
As mentioned previously, there are a number of ways to get Discovery Plus on your Vizio Smart TV:
- Install Discovery Plus directly onto Vizio SmartCast (EASIEST SOLUTION)
- Stream Discovery Plus with Chromecast
- Stream Discovery Plus with Airplay
- Connect a streaming device or gaming console to your Vizio TV
I really hope that you discovered some helpful information in this article!