When it comes to online video streaming, Paramount Plus is among the most popular options in the world. It allows customers to watch their favorite episodes and movies anytime they want, from anywhere in the world, thanks to its on-demand streaming and live TV options.
Moreover, Vizio produces some of the most reliable smart TVs available, so it stands to reason that their products would be ideal for viewing material via the Paramount Plus app.
If you own a Vizio TV, I’ll show you how to get Paramount Plus on Vizio TVs right away using only the steps I’ve outlined here
Once you’re done, your Vizio Smart TV will be able to stream any show or movie available on Paramount Plus.
ℹ Want to watch Paramount Plus on Vizio? Try this first…
If you have a Vizio Smart TV manufactured in 2016 or later, you can download and install Paramount Plus directly onto Vizio SmartCast:
- Turn on your Vizio TV and ensure that it is properly connected to the internet
- To access the SmartCast menu, select the V button located in the center of your remote
- Choose the All Apps tab that’s located at the very top of the display
- Go to the bottom of the page to find the Paramount Plus app
- After selecting the Paramount Plus app, click the Install button
- Create a new Paramount Plus account or enter the credentials associated with your current Paramount Plus account, and you’ll be ready to start watching!
💡If you have a Vizio TV that was manufactured before 2016, it probably doesn’t run the SmartCast operating system but rather Via or Via+ software, which limits the number of apps you can install.
Paramount Plus most likely WILL NOT work with this outdated software. Skip to this section if you have an older Vizio TV and can’t get Paramount Plus to properly install.
How to Get Paramount Plus if your Vizio Smart TV Doesn’t Have a ‘V’ Button
If your Vizio remote doesn’t have a V button in the center, you can try pressing the Input button until the SmartCast option appears.
Once the SmartCast interface loads, choose All Apps to find the Paramount Plus app and follow steps #5 and #6 above ☝
How to Activate Paramount Plus on Vizio Smart TV
Once you have the Paramount Plus app installed on your Vizio Smart TV the next step is to activate your Paramount Plus account.
Here are the steps:
- Launch the Paramount Plus app, then select Sign In
- Select On the Web
- You’ll be presented with a website and a code
- Visit paramountplus.com/vizio on your computer or mobile device, enter the activation code, and select Activate
- Wait for the screen to refresh, and start streaming Paramount Plus on your Vizio TV
How to Get Paramount Plus on Vizio TV with Chromecast
If the Paramount Plus SmartCast app isn’t working on your Vizio Smart TV that was manufactured in 2016 or later, don’t fret; you can still enjoy all of your favorite shows and movies thanks to the Chromecast functionality that comes built-in.
Before you try to watch Paramount Plus on your Vizio TV using Chromecast, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Ensure that your Vizio TV is equipped with Chromecast or that another Chromecast device is properly connected
- Install the Paramount Plus app on your mobile device or computer, then run it
- After entering your login information, click the Log In button
- Select the Cast button in the upper right corner
- Select your Vizio TV or Chromecast from the list that appears
After selecting a movie or TV show to view and clicking the Watch Now button, Paramount Plus should stream flawlessly on your Vizio through Chromecast.
Use Apple AirPlay to Watch Paramount Plus on Vizio TV
There is an alternative to the Paramount Plus SmartCast app for Vizio Smart TVs manufactured in 2016 or later. Through the TV’s AirPlay compatibility with Apple products, you can enjoy movies and TV shows.
To avoid connection problems when streaming Paramount Plus on your Vizio TV using AirPlay, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Make sure that your Vizio TV is compatible with AirPlay; otherwise, the software on your Vizio TV will need to be updated
- Install the Paramount Plus app from your app store and open it on your phone or computer
- Type in your username and password, then click Log In
- Select the AirPlay button in the upper right corner
- Select your Vizio TV from the list that appears
The final step is to navigate the Paramount Plus app, pick a movie or TV show and click the Watch Now button. Paramount Plus will start streaming on your Vizio by using Apple Airplay technology!
How to Get Paramount Plus on Older Vizio TVs (Streaming Devices & Gaming Consoles)
Several solutions exist for using Paramount Plus on an older Vizio TV (made prior to 2016) that does not officially support the service.
Most modern smart devices have built-in support for Paramount Plus. Below are just a few options you can use in conjunction with your Vizio TV:
- Smartphones: Android, iOS
- Streaming Devices: Roku, TiVo, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast
- Gaming Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation
- Cable Companies: Comcast Xfinity
No matter which option you have laying around, one if not all of them will be able to play video content from the Paramount Plus app by following the steps below 👇
- Connect the streaming device via WiFi to your Vizio TV (and an electrical outlet, if necessary)
- The next step is to locate Paramount Plus in your device’s app store, press the Download button, and then sit tight as the app is installed
- Open the Paramount Plus app and select the movie or tv show you wish to watch
The specific steps will change according to the type of device you’re using.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about getting Paramount Plus on your Vizio TV 👇
Can you get Paramount Plus on Vizio TV?
Yes. The Paramount Plus app is natively available on all Vizio Smart TVs running SmartCast version 2.0 & 3.0 software. Every Vizio model manufactured in 2016 or later will run Paramount Plus.
Why won’t Paramount Plus work on my Vizio TV?
You can check that you are using the most recent version of the Paramount Plus app by forcibly shutting it and then reinstalling it. Streaming problems may be fixed as a result, and if there are awaiting app updates, a notification asking you to install them will appear on your home screen.
Is Paramount Plus available on all Smart TVs?
Yes. Paramount Plus is available on all major smart TV brands. Vizio, LG, Samsung, and TCL are all compatible with Paramount Plus.
As mentioned previously, there are a number of ways to get Paramount Plus on your Vizio Smart TV:
- Install Paramount Plus directly onto Vizio SmartCast (EASIEST SOLUTION)
- Stream Paramount Plus with Chromecast
- Stream Paramount Plus with Airplay
I really hope that this helped you watch your favorite Paramount Plus content on your Vizio. If you were able to find a different way, I would love it if you would share your findings in the comments below 👇