Are you aware that as a subscriber to Spectrum Internet, you can use the Spectrum App for free to watch live TV and on-demand content wherever you are?
You have the option to watch live TV, catch up on previous seasons of your favorite shows, and much more with the help of the app.
If you own a Samsung TV, this article will walk you through the process of installing the Spectrum app on your Samsung device.
By the end of this post, you’ll be able to watch movies and TV shows from Spectrum on your Samsung Smart TV.
ℹ Want to watch Spectrum on Samsung TV? Try this first…
You can download and install the Spectrum App right from your Samsung TV’s app store:
- Turn on your Samsung TV and ensure that it is properly connected to the internet
- To access the main menu, select the Smart Hub button located on your remote
- Click the Search icon at the top/right of the page and type “Spectrum”
- After selecting the Spectrum app, click the Install button
- Enter the credentials associated with your current Spectrum account, and you’ll be ready to start watching!
How to Get Spectrum App on Samsung TV with Chromecast
Did you know your Samsung has built-in Chromecast capability, allowing you to watch all of your favorite streaming services?
Before you try to watch Spectrum on your Samsung TV using Chromecast, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Ensure that your Samsung TV is equipped with Chromecast or that another Chromecast device is properly connected
- Install the Spectrum app on your mobile device or computer, then run it
- After entering your login information, click the Log In button
- Select the Cast button in the upper right corner
- Select your Samsung TV or Chromecast from the list that appears
Spectrum should stream flawlessly on your Samsung with Chromecast once you select the movie or TV show you wish to watch and hit the Watch Now button.
Use Apple AirPlay to Watch Spectrum on Samsung TV
If the Spectrum app on your Samsung Smart TV isn’t working properly, you have another option. Using the TV’s Apple AirPlay integration, you can watch movies and TV shows.
To avoid connection problems when streaming Spectrum on your Samsung TV using AirPlay, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Make sure that your Samsung TV is compatible with AirPlay; otherwise, the software on your Samsung TV will need to be updated
- Install the Spectrum app from your app store and open it on your phone or computer
- Type in your username and password, then click Log In
- Select the AirPlay button in the upper right corner
- Select your Samsung TV from the list that appears
The final step is to select a film or TV show from the Spectrum app and click the Watch Now button. Content from the Spectrum app will now be directly streamed to your Samsung via Apple Airplay.
How to Get Spectrum App on Older Samsung TVs (Streaming Devices & Gaming Consoles)
There are several options for using the Spectrum app on an older Samsung TV that may or may not officially support the service.
The vast majority of today’s smart gadgets support Spectrum, and this support is generally already built in.
The following devices are 100% compatible with your Samsung television:
- Smartphones: Android, iOS
- Streaming Devices: Roku, TiVo, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast
- Gaming Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation
- Cable Companies: Comcast Xfinity
If you follow the instructions below, you should be able to play video content from the Spectrum app on any device you have lying around. 👇
- Connect the streaming device via WiFi to your Samsung TV (and an electrical outlet, if necessary)
- The next step is to locate Spectrum in your device’s app store, press the Download button, and then sit tight as the app is installed
- Open the Spectrum app and select the movie or tv show you wish to watch
The specific steps will change according to the type of device you’re using.
If you are still having problems getting your Samsung TV to work with the Spectrum app you may have a problem with your WiFi connection or the operating system firmware may need to be updated.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the installation of the Spectrum app on your Samsung TV 👇
Can you get Spectrum on Samsung TV?
Yes. The Spectrum app is natively available on all Samsung smart TVs.
Why won’t the Spectrum App work on my Samsung TV?
Your internet connection might be unstable or experiencing issues, causing the app to not function correctly. Make sure your Samsung TV is connected to the internet and that your connection is stable.
Is Spectrum App available on all Smart TVs?
Yes. Spectrum app is available on Smart TV brands like Hisense, Vizio, Samsung, LG, and TCL.
As mentioned previously, there are a number of ways to get the Spectrum app on your Samsung Smart TV:
- Install Spectrum from the Samsung Smart Hub (EASIEST SOLUTION)
- Stream Spectrum with Chromecast
- Stream Spectrum with Airplay
- Connect a streaming device or gaming console to your Samsung TV
I genuinely hope that you were able to find some useful information in this post!