Are you aware that as a Spectrum Internet subscriber, you can use the Spectrum App for free to watch live TV and on-demand content from anywhere?
With the app, you can watch live TV, catch up on previous seasons of your favorite shows, and do a lot more.
This article will walk you through the process of installing the Spectrum app on your TCL device if you own one.
By the end of this post, you’ll be able to watch Spectrum movies and TV shows on your TCL Smart TV.
ℹ Want to watch Spectrum on TCL TV? Try this first…
You can download and install the Spectrum App right from your TCL TV’s app store:
- Turn on your TCL TV and ensure that it is properly connected to the internet
- To access the main menu, select the Google Play Store or Roku Home button located on your remote
- Click the Search icon at the top/right of the page and type “Spectrum”
- After selecting the Spectrum app, click the Install button
- Enter the credentials associated with your current Spectrum account, and you’ll be ready to start watching!
📝Different TCL TV models come with different operating systems already installed. Depending on the type, you could have Android TV (Google) or Roku operating systems. The above steps will work with either operating system, but the Search menu and App Store may be in a distinct location on each.☝
How to Get Spectrum App on TCL TV with Chromecast
Did you know that your TCL has Chromecast built-in, allowing you to watch all of your favorite streaming services?
Before you try to watch Spectrum on your TCL TV using Chromecast, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Ensure that your TCL TV is equipped with Chromecast or that another Chromecast device is properly connected
- Install the Spectrum app on your mobile device or computer, then run it
- After entering your login information, click the Log In button
- Select the Cast button in the upper right corner
- Select your TCL TV or Chromecast from the list that appears
Spectrum should stream flawlessly on your TCL with Chromecast once you select the movie or TV show you wish to watch and hit the Watch Now button.
Use Apple AirPlay to Watch Spectrum on TCL TV
You have another option if the Spectrum app on your TCL Smart TV isn’t working properly. You can watch movies and TV shows using the TV’s Apple AirPlay integration.
To avoid connection problems when streaming Spectrum on your TCL TV using AirPlay, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Make sure that your TCL TV is compatible with AirPlay; otherwise, the software on your TCL TV will need to be updated
- Install the Spectrum app from your app store and open it on your phone or computer
- Type in your username and password, then click Log In
- Select the AirPlay button in the upper right corner
- Select your TCL TV from the list that appears
The final step is to select a film or TV show from the Spectrum app and click the Watch Now button. Content from the Spectrum app will now be directly streamed to your TCL via Apple Airplay.
How to Get Spectrum App on Older TCL TVs (Streaming Devices & Gaming Consoles)
There are several ways to use the Spectrum app on an older TCL television that may or may not officially support the service.
Spectrum is supported by the vast majority of today’s smart devices, and this support is typically built in.
The following devices are 100% compatible with your TCL television:
- Smartphones: Android, iOS
- Streaming Devices: Roku, TiVo, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast
- Gaming Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation
- Cable Companies: Comcast Xfinity
If you follow the instructions below, you should be able to play video content from the Spectrum app on any device you have lying around. 👇
- Connect the streaming device via WiFi to your TCL TV (and an electrical outlet, if necessary)
- The next step is to locate Spectrum in your device’s app store, press the Download button, and then sit tight as the app is installed
- Open the Spectrum app and select the movie or tv show you wish to watch
The specific steps will change according to the type of device you’re using.
If you are still having problems getting your TCL TV to work with the Spectrum app you may have a problem with your WiFi connection or the operating system firmware may need to be updated.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the installation of the Spectrum app on your TCL TV 👇
Can you get Spectrum on TCL TV?
Yes. The Spectrum app is natively available on all TCL smart TVs.
Why won’t the Spectrum App work on my TCL TV?
Your internet connection might be unstable or experiencing issues, causing the app to not function correctly. Make sure your TCL TV is connected to the internet and that your connection is stable.
Is Spectrum App available on all Smart TVs?
Yes. Spectrum app is available on Smart TV brands like Samsung, Vizio, LG, Hisense, and TCL.
As mentioned previously, there are a number of ways to get the Spectrum app on your TCL Smart TV:
- Install Spectrum from the Google Play Store (EASIEST SOLUTION)
- Stream Spectrum with Chromecast
- Stream Spectrum with Airplay
- Connect a streaming device or gaming console to your TCL TV
I really hope you found some helpful information in this post!