If you have Spectrum Internet, did you know you can download the Spectrum App at no extra cost and watch live TV and On Demand programming on the go? You can search for content, brush up on your favorite shows, and more from the comfort of the app.
If you happen to own a Vizio TV, I’ll show you how to get Spectrum app on Vizio by following the instructions provided in this article.
When you’re done, your trusty Vizio Smart TV will be ready to stream Spectrum shows and movies.
ℹ Want to watch Spectrum on Vizio? Try this first…
If you have a Vizio Smart TV manufactured in 2016 or later, you can download and install the Spectrum app directly onto Vizio SmartCast:
- Turn on your Vizio TV and ensure that it is properly connected to the internet
- To access the SmartCast menu, select the V button located in the center of your remote
- Choose the All Apps tab that’s located at the very top of the display
- Go to the bottom of the page to find the Spectrum app
- After selecting the Spectrum app, click the Install button
- Enter the credentials associated with your current Spectrum account, and you’ll be ready to start watching!
📝If your Vizio remote doesn’t have a V button in the center, you can try pressing the Input button until the SmartCast option appears. Once the SmartCast interface loads, choose All Apps to find the Spectrum app and follow steps #5 and #6 above ☝
How to Get Spectrum App on Vizio TV with Chromecast
If your Vizio Smart TV was made in 2016 or after and you’re having problems streaming material via the Spectrum TV app, don’t worry; you can still watch your favorite shows and movies using the Chromecast functionality that comes standard with your Vizio.
Before you try to watch Spectrum on your Vizio TV using Chromecast, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Ensure that your Vizio TV is equipped with Chromecast or that another Chromecast device is properly connected
- Install the Spectrum app on your mobile device or computer, then run it
- After entering your login information, click the Log In button
- Select the Cast button in the upper right corner
- Select your Vizio TV or Chromecast from the list that appears
Just choose the movie or television show you want to watch and click the Watch Now button, and Spectrum should stream seamlessly on your Vizio via Chromecast!
Use Apple AirPlay to Watch Spectrum on Vizio TV
If the Spectrum SmartCast app on your Vizio Smart TV from 2016 or later isn’t operating properly, there’s another great choice. Using the TV’s Apple AirPlay connectivity, you can view movies and TV shows.
To avoid connection problems when streaming Spectrum on your Vizio TV using AirPlay, make sure your phone (or computer) and TV are BOTH connected to the SAME WiFi network.
- Make sure that your Vizio TV is compatible with AirPlay; otherwise, the software on your Vizio TV will need to be updated
- Install the Spectrum app from your app store and open it on your phone or computer
- Type in your username and password, then click Log In
- Select the AirPlay button in the upper right corner
- Select your Vizio TV from the list that appears
The very last step is to choose a movie or TV show from the Spectrum app and press the Watch Now button. Spectrum app content will now be streamed directly to your Vizio using Apple Airplay.
How to Get Spectrum App on Older Vizio TVs (Streaming Devices & Gaming Consoles)
Spectrum app access is not officially available on any Vizio TV built before 2016, but there are a few workarounds available.
Fortunately, the Spectrum app is extensively supported by modern smart devices, and this support is frequently built in. All of the following devices are compatible with your Vizio TV:
- Smartphones: Android, iOS
- Streaming Devices: Roku, TiVo, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast
- Gaming Consoles: Xbox, PlayStation
- Cable Companies: Comcast Xfinity
If you follow the instructions below, you should be able to play video content from the Spectrum app on any device you have lying about. 👇
- Connect the streaming device via WiFi to your Vizio TV (and an electrical outlet, if necessary)
- The next step is to locate Spectrum in your device’s app store, press the Download button, and then sit tight as the app is installed
- Open the Spectrum app and select the movie or tv show you wish to watch
The specific steps will change according to the type of device you’re using.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the installation of the Spectrum app on your Vizio TV 👇
Can you get Spectrum on Vizio TV?
Yes. The Spectrum app is natively available on all Vizio Smart TVs running SmartCast version 2.0 & 3.0 software. If you purchase a Vizio TV made in 2016 or later, you will have access to Spectrum.
Why won’t the Spectrum App work on my Vizio TV?
It is possible that Spectrum is malfunctioning because of an issue with the WiFi connection. First, ensure that you are connected to the internet, then close and reopen the Spectrum TV app, and last, give it another shot. Get additional information about how to fix problems with your in-home WiFi network. Make sure that you are connected to the internet by checking this out. Get more information about how to fix problems with your WiFi network at home.
Is Spectrum App available on all Smart TVs?
Yes. the Spectrum app is available on all major smart TV brands. Vizio, LG, Samsung, and TCL are all compatible with Spectrum.
As mentioned previously, there are a number of ways to get the Spectrum app on your Vizio Smart TV:
- Install Spectrum directly onto Vizio SmartCast (EASIEST SOLUTION)
- Stream Spectrum with Chromecast
- Stream Spectrum with Airplay
- Connect a streaming device or gaming console to your Vizio TV
I sincerely hope that you were able to find some knowledge in this post that was of use to you!